Individuals with poor posture and stability may have difficulty sitting upright on a wheelchair for long periods. Most of their daily activities are thus restricted to the bed. Over time, they may experience social isolation.
Our reclining wheelchair functions like a slim geriatric chair with added benefits:
- Saves time and reduces the risk of back injury: When fully reclined, the wheelchair transforms into a stretcher and allows for easy transfer. The caregiver just needs to slide the user in a supine position from the bed to the stretcher.
- Versatile - transforms into day bed: Previously, caregivers will need to transfer the user back to the bed when the user experiences discomfort from prolonged sitting. With the reclining feature, caregivers can now adjust the angle of recline to allow the user to lie down on the wheelchair. This allows users to take a nap in the activity room without going back to their bed.
- Slim width: Allows for easy navigation in healthcare institutions and small apartments, unlike most models of geriatric chairs which are bulky and difficult to wheel around.
- Encourages social participation: Instead of having to sit upright all the time, the reclining backrest allows the user to lean back or lie down when they're tired. This way, they can remain in a comfortable sitting position for a longer duration and continue to engage in group activities.
- Thick cushion support throughout the wheelchair for better comfort.
- Comes with drum brakes for secure braking and superior durability. Brakes are housed in a casing that prevents the accumulation of moisture and dust.
- Height-adjustable arm rests and foot rests.
- Foldable, swing-out foot rests to aid in smooth transfer.
- Comes in 2 seat widths- 16 and 18 inches.
- Seat belt sold separately.
We truly care about the safety of our customers and therefore, all purchases come with a personalised training session during delivery. This way, your loved one will feel confident when using his new wheelchair.
If you wish to ask questions or discuss your order, feel free to contact us at (65) 6250-2129 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Product Name||Matsunaga FR-11R Reclining Wheelchair|
[18-inch seat width]
[16-inch seat width]
16-inch seat width: 29.5 kg
18-inch seat width: 30.2 kg
Seat Fabric: Vinyl
Wheels: Solid rubber
|Max. load||100 kg|
|Manufacturer||Matsunaga Co. Ltd.|
We accept credit/debit card. You do not need a Paypal account for this. On the checkout page, you will see a black button that reads "Complete Order". Click on it and you'll be directed to this page (refer to image below). Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the light grey button that reads "Pay with debit/credit card". Enter your card details in the next page.
We aim to deliver your order within 3-5 business days. For pre-orders, we will notify you on the estimated delivery date.
Free delivery for orders above SGD $100.
$7 shipping fee for orders below SGD $100.
Delivery hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (note: surcharge applies for weekend and after hours deliveries)
Want to save on delivery fee? You may opt to self-collect your order from 16 Woodlands Terrace, Singapore 738441. No shipping fee applies for self-collection.
For overseas delivery rates, please contact us at email@example.com for a quote.
Installation and Product Training
Upon delivery of your order, we will assemble it for you, and do a product training so that you'll be familiar with how to use it. Exclude Robotic Plush Toys only.
All of our products and equipment come with a one year warranty. Exclude consumables only.
Mr Shigeyuki Matsunaga is the chairman of MATSUNAGA. He founded the company in 1974, at a time where there was a lack of high quality wheelchairs made for the Asian person. Western-made wheelchairs were aplenty, but Mr Matsunaga was acutely aware of their limitations. The average Japanese person has a smaller physical build and a different lifestyle compared to his Western counterpart. Differences such as mode of transportation, type of housing, living environment, and daily activities, can affect the suitability of a wheelchair. After all, to a person with compromised mobility, the wheelchair is an extension of his body and should match his needs as closely as possible.
With this in mind, Mr Matsunaga set out to design high quality wheelchairs that were made specially for Asians, and continues to do so today.
The Quality Process - How is MATSUNAGA different?
MATSUNAGA adopts a total production system. This means that they oversee every stage of their manufacturing process, from sourcing of materials, design to manufacturing and assembling. No detail goes unnoticed and no stone is left unturned in their quality checks.
Many wheelchair manufacturers do not adopt a total production system. They purchase parts and merely assemble them in the factory to form a wheelchair. Such a method makes it difficult to identify the grade of the raw materials used. In addition, the various components will not be a perfect fit thus affecting the quality, comfort and life of the wheelchair.
In contrast, MATSUNAGA keeps every element of their production cycle inhouse and designs every part to fit perfectly with the rest. It is therefore able to uphold their quality processes to the highest standards, with the end-result being a meticulously engineered piece of equipment that is built-to-last.
Examples of high quality
1) Double-Cross Brace
The wheelchair frame holds the wheelchair together. It is therefore crucial that this structure does not wobble or give way over time. To ensure stability and safety, MATSUNAGA wheelchairs come with a double cross-brace for added support. This feature is rarely seen in standard wheelchairs.
2) Superior Welding
In areas where joints are necessary, MATSUNAGA welds the joints with multiple layers. This prevents dust, germs and moisture from being trapped in the joints. It also minimizes the number of exposed screws which may come loose.
3) Customized Structure
Most wheelchairs are made up of generic straight metal rods joint to one another using screws. Each joint represents a weak spot, allowing dust, germs, and moisture to be trapped. Over time, especially in humid conditions, the screws will rust, causing the joints to loosen and the wheelchair to weaken. MATSUNAGA produces customised metal rods that fit perfectly with other wheelchair parts, thereby minimizing the need for joints and screws. The end-product is therefore sturdy and durable.
5) Drum Brakes
Many of the MATSUNAGA’s wheelchairs come with drum brakes which are the type of brakes that you find in a car. These brakes are contained in a protective housing to prevent dust and moisture from getting in. They also provide a more secure brake as compared to regular scissor brakes. The drum brakes are connected to the handle bars, giving the caregiver better control when pushing the wheelchair down a slope.
5) High-Grade Aluminum Alloy
MATSUNAGA sources for their own metal and uses a high grade of aluminum alloy that is resistant against corrosion. In contrast, brands which do not have control or knowledge of their raw materials may use lower grade aluminum alloys that contain recycled metal. These metals may rust and result in breakage over time.
In conclusion, MATSUNAGA wheelchairs offer users a peace of mind. It is because of this sheer dedication to perfection and their reputation for premium quality that MATSUNAGA is the largest wheelchair manufacturer in Japan today.