IVES Electrical Stimulator
IVES stands for Integrated Volitional control Electrical Stimulator.
This device combines EMG signals and functional electrical stimulation (FES) to achieve functional outcomes for muscle weakness and paralysis. Suitable for disorders like spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, and stroke, IVES electrical stimulator works by using small amounts of electricity to help muscles contract and produce functional movements.
IVES is effective because it is equipped with EMG feedback detection function which allows electric stimulation to be in proportion to the EMG signals picked up. Lighter movements lead to lesser stimulation; more movements lead to stronger simulation.
IVES post-stroke rehabilitation success is documented in a study which concluded that 5 days of IVES treatment yielded noticeable improvement in upper limb motor functions for patients with chronic stroke.
Another study showed the improvement in gait ability of stroke patients when IVES therapy was combined with recumbent cycling.
Made and engineered in Japan.
- Pocket-sized, powered by small batteries
- 6 treatment modes suitable for upper and lower limbs
- Up to 45 treatment patterns can be stored
- Stores patient's treatment history including total treatment time, number of stimulations and cumulative stimulation time
- 3 reusable, self-adhering, round surface electrodes
- Unique electrodes design enables precise treatment
- Accessories for specific treatments e.g. Finger Equipped Electrode, Gait Sensor
POCKET-SIZE PATIENT STIMULATOR
Export treatments to a patient stimulator device (GD-612) and allow patients to continue rehabilitation at home.
- HSA Class B approved medical device
- Japan approved medical device
- EU approved medical device (CE Mark)
6 TREATMENT MODES
- Normal Mode: Normal electric stimulation
- Trigger Mode: A preset level of electric stimulation is applied when EMG feedback reaches a preset threshold.
- External Trigger Mode: A preset level of electric stimulation is applied when the EMG feedback reaches a preset threshold from an external source e.g. healthy arm.
- Power Assist Mode: The intensity of electric stimulation changes in propotion to the level of EMG feedback detected. The stronger the EMG feedback, the stronger the electric stimulation .
- External Assist Mode: A preset level of electric stimulation is applied in proportion to the EMG feedback from a healthy arm.
- Sensor Trigger Mode: A preset level of electric stimulation is applied when the Gait Sensor on the patient's feet detects that the patient's heels have left the floor.
|Rated power supply||6V DC (4 AA alkaline batteries or AA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries)|
|External dimension||85Wx145Lx35H mm|
|Weight||300g including batteries|
Normal Mode / Trigger Mode / Power Assist Mode
5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 min, and continuous
A waveform consists of 3 bidirectional square waves of 50 +-μs
20Hz: Power Assist Mode / External Assist Mode
|Maximum output voltage||
210Vp-p (load resistance: 500)
Over-current protection function, Zero position start protection function, Operation lock function, Low battery alarm function, Final voltage detection function
FIND OUT MORE
For a free demo and trial, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 62502129.