This is our most popular model of lightweight wheelchairs. The foldable and compact size is ultra convenient for users to take along when travelling (e.g. going for check-ups, shopping with the family, holidays etc.)
Compact and portable
- Ultra lightweight due to high-grade aluminium alloy frame. No need to struggle with a heavy and bulky wheelchair during transportation.
- Strong and durable due to a double cross-brace structure. This is rarely seen in general wheelchairs and MATSUNAGA takes great pride in ensuring such high standards even in their standard wheelchair models.
- Slim profile for easy maneuvering in tight spaces. No need to worry about bumping into furniture/toilet doors.
- Foldable back pipes for compact storage in the car boot.
Designed for easy transfer
- Swing-up arm rests.
- Swing-out, detachable foot rests. This prevents obstruction during transfer and allows the user to pedal with his feet instead of steering with the wheels.
Safe and stable
- Comes with 2 sets of brakes - Parking brakes and drum brakes.
- Drum brakes typically found in high-end wheelchairs. They are similar to car brakes and offer secure braking. Our drum brakes are housed in a casing that blocks out moisture and dust so that they will not break down easily. The operational levers are also located on the handle bar to allow caregivers better control when pushing their loved ones down a slope.
- Parking brakes are securely fixed and will not come lose easily. This ensures safety even after many years of use.
- Seat is lightly padded for extra comfort. Removable for easy cleaning.
- High quality seat fabric will not fray over time, which is a common problem with lower grade fabric. This is important because frays and cracks in the seat fabric cause cuts and abrasions on your loved one's fragile skin.
|Product Name||Matsunaga lightweight foldable wheelchair|
|Max. load||100 kg|
|Weight of Wheelchair||12.9 kg|
|Seat Width||Size M: 16-inch Size L: 18-inch|
|Manufacturer||Matsunaga Co. Ltd|
Seat: Nylon or Vinyl (Easy to clean)
Front wheels: Solid rubber (Polyurethane)
Rear wheels: Solid rubber (Polymer)
We accept credit/debit card. You do not need a Paypal account for this. On the checkout page, you will see a black button that reads "Complete Order". Click on it and you'll be directed to this page (refer to image below). Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the light grey button that reads "Pay with debit/credit card". Enter your card details in the next page.
We aim to deliver your order within 3-5 business days. For pre-orders, we will notify you on the estimated delivery date.
Free delivery for orders above SGD $100.
$7 shipping fee for orders below SGD $100.
Delivery hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (note: surcharge applies for weekend and after hours deliveries)
Want to save on delivery fee? You may opt to self-collect your order from 16 Woodlands Terrace, Singapore 738441. No shipping fee applies for self-collection.
For overseas delivery rates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Installation and Product Training
Upon delivery of your order, we will assemble it for you, and do a product training so that you'll be familiar with how to use it. Exclude Robotic Plush Toys only.
All of our products and equipment come with a one year warranty. Exclude consumables only.
Mr Shigeyuki Matsunaga is the chairman of MATSUNAGA. He founded the company in 1974, at a time where there was a lack of high quality wheelchairs made for the Asian person. Western-made wheelchairs were aplenty, but Mr Matsunaga was acutely aware of their limitations. The average Japanese person has a smaller physical build and a different lifestyle compared to his Western counterpart. Differences such as mode of transportation, type of housing, living environment, and daily activities, can affect the suitability of a wheelchair. After all, to a person with compromised mobility, the wheelchair is an extension of his body and should match his needs as closely as possible.
With this in mind, Mr Matsunaga set out to design high quality wheelchairs that were made specially for Asians, and continues to do so today.
The Quality Process - How is MATSUNAGA different?
MATSUNAGA adopts a total production system. This means that they oversee every stage of their manufacturing process, from sourcing of materials, design to manufacturing and assembling. No detail goes unnoticed and no stone is left unturned in their quality checks.
Many wheelchair manufacturers do not adopt a total production system. They purchase parts and merely assemble them in the factory to form a wheelchair. Such a method makes it difficult to identify the grade of the raw materials used. In addition, the various components will not be a perfect fit thus affecting the quality, comfort and life of the wheelchair.
In contrast, MATSUNAGA keeps every element of their production cycle inhouse and designs every part to fit perfectly with the rest. It is therefore able to uphold their quality processes to the highest standards, with the end-result being a meticulously engineered piece of equipment that is built-to-last.
Examples of high quality
1) Double-Cross Brace
The wheelchair frame holds the wheelchair together. It is therefore crucial that this structure does not wobble or give way over time. To ensure stability and safety, MATSUNAGA wheelchairs come with a double cross-brace for added support. This feature is rarely seen in standard wheelchairs.
2) Superior Welding
In areas where joints are necessary, MATSUNAGA welds the joints with multiple layers. This prevents dust, germs and moisture from being trapped in the joints. It also minimizes the number of exposed screws which may come loose.
3) Customized Structure
Most wheelchairs are made up of generic straight metal rods joint to one another using screws. Each joint represents a weak spot, allowing dust, germs, and moisture to be trapped. Over time, especially in humid conditions, the screws will rust, causing the joints to loosen and the wheelchair to weaken. MATSUNAGA produces customised metal rods that fit perfectly with other wheelchair parts, thereby minimizing the need for joints and screws. The end-product is therefore sturdy and durable.
5) Drum Brakes
Many of the MATSUNAGA’s wheelchairs come with drum brakes which are the type of brakes that you find in a car. These brakes are contained in a protective housing to prevent dust and moisture from getting in. They also provide a more secure brake as compared to regular scissor brakes. The drum brakes are connected to the handle bars, giving the caregiver better control when pushing the wheelchair down a slope.
5) High-Grade Aluminum Alloy
MATSUNAGA sources for their own metal and uses a high grade of aluminum alloy that is resistant against corrosion. In contrast, brands which do not have control or knowledge of their raw materials may use lower grade aluminum alloys that contain recycled metal. These metals may rust and result in breakage over time.
In conclusion, MATSUNAGA wheelchairs offer users a peace of mind. It is because of this sheer dedication to perfection and their reputation for premium quality that MATSUNAGA is the largest wheelchair manufacturer in Japan today.